7.10.2009

Serendipity

If you've followed my blog for a while you know that I'm pretty honest when it comes to expressing my need to be re-inspired, reinvigorated, renewed. I tend to allow life to take me off track, and well, I've just learned it's the way I am. It happens, and more often than I'd like to admit, I need to come back to refocus on what's important.

But I'm always looking to get back, and truly stay on a road that delivers passion and joy to my life each and every day.

I've been reaching back out to the foodie world after a stint back in the real world at a PR firm. Though my recent employer was a great place to work, I feel that I can be honest and just say that the work I was doing just wasn't fulfilling. I'm now back freelancing in PR and looking to do more writing as well as exploring the other pathways in the food world.

In an effort to keep my mind learning I decided to contact my former culinary school, Western Culinary Institute, to inquire on auditing some classes. As I was chatting with the gentleman on the other end of the phone he had mentioned that my name sounded familiar. And then he figured it out. I did an interview for a Success Story about why I had come to WCI, and they use it now in new-student packets that they send out to let prospective students see that there are many reasons why people choose to attend culinary school. I had heard of this, and, of course, remember doing the interview, but didn't recall ever seeing the published version. He sent it to me; there is a link to it below.

It was so refreshing to read and caused that light bulb that's been so dim for so long to go off in my head. It was definitely what I needed to read.

Learning, exploring, and sharing my experiences in the culinary world is just simply where I'm suppose to be. I'm very happy to be finding my way back.

Cheers,
~JF

Le Cordon Bleu Schools Success Stories – Jennifer Fields

Shared via AddThis

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I tend to allow life to take me off track, and well, I've just learned it's the way I am. It happens, and more often than I'd like to admit, I need to come back to refocus on what's important.

But I'm always looking to get back, and truly stay on a road that delivers passion and joy to my life each and every day."

I love this quote!

The Allison said...

Hello,

I found your blog from your Success Story on the LCB website. I am a current LCB Baking and Pastry student at California Culinary Academy.

I am another one of the few folks that isn't going to culinary school to become a chef, but rather to learn a new vocabulary for a new industry and, if I'm lucky, expand upon my cheese wax sculpting skills. (cheesewax.blogspot.com)

In my "previous life" I worked in live theatre as a Stage Manager and would like to explore the world of TV production, so I'm currently working on applying for an externship with the Food Network.

Just wanted to comment that it's so nice to find another person out there that wants to work in other areas of the industry besides production.

Great blog! Best to you from one LCB student to another!

Cheers,
Allison

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...