Meat & Seafood final: what to know:
- Know the process and definition of Inspection.
- Know the definition of Quality Grade.
- Know what Yield Grade is.
- What is the name of the overfeeding process of ducks that is used to make Foie Gras?
- Know rib separations for beef and lamb.
- What primal are pork back ribs a fabrication of?
- Know the different classifications of all birds (sex, size, age, etc.).
- Be able to identify feathered game birds.
- Know the different types of fish - round, flat, lean, fatty.
- Know, in detail, the five different types of crab.
- Know beef, lamb and pork charts that identify loins from chucks, foresaddles from hindsaddles, and everything in between.
- Know the different types of grades in which meat can be purchased.
- Identify all types of meat cuts.
- What does the acronym NAMPS stand for?
- Know meat grinder equipment parts.
- Know the size and how many ounces you can get out of a hotel pan, a third pan, and a ninth pan.
- Out of the 100 parts of seafood, meat and poultry we've viewed over the past week, 12 will be on the exam for you to identify.
- And while you're at it, make sure you know every piece of equipment in the entire classroom.
- And review all past quizzes and homework. Just about every question from those will be on the exam!
Thank God for Friday late-night happy hour!